ABOUT LYNNE O’CONNOR
Throughout her career, Lynne has applied her innate ability to communicate with people across all tiers of technical expertise to bridge the gap between software developers and end-users as a “cultural liaison” by writing computer software manuals and help systems and providing technical support and hardware/software training.
In the mid-1990s, Lynne found the Internet to be the perfect medium in which to exercise her aptitude in technology and promotion, and incorporate her artistic skills, by developing websites and Internet marketing campaigns for employers and clients. During the evolution of the Internet into the Web 2.0 era and the rise of social media, Lynne continued to keep her finger on the pulse of new technology and its impact on contemporary culture. She started her own Internet marketing firm in 2008 and became a Certified Inbound Marketing Professional in 2009.
Having built a portfolio that includes technical and creative communication, website design, print and digital graphic design, video and audio production, and social media marketing, Lynne transitioned to project management and business systems analyst roles with several large organizations. Now, with over fifteen years of experience in planning, organizing, and leading high-visibility and -impact, large-scale and -budget, plan- and change-driven information technology initiatives, programs, products, projects, and tasks, Lynne is exploring new opportunities in a post-pandemic world.
EDUCATION AND AFFILIATIONS
- Arizona State University: Bachelor of Science in Business Marketing (with emphasis on Computer Science Engineering)
- Memberships: Project Management Institute®, International Consortium of Minority Cybersecurity Professionals, Agile Alliance, Women in Agile, Network for Change and Continuous Innovation, Women in Technology International
CERTIFICATIONS AND LEARNING PATHWAYS
- UC Davis PMP® Exam Prep Boot Camp course completed January 2021 towards PMI® PMP® Certification (pending exam)
- SANS SEC401: Security Essentials: Network, Endpoint, and Cloud course completed August 2021 towards GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC) Certification (pending exam)
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft 365 Power Platform, Power Apps, Power Automate Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Tableau Analyst, Author Certification, Tableau Desktop I: Fundamentals, July 2020
- ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (Axelos), ITIL 2011® Foundation (Navvia) course, July 2019
- Yellow Belt Six Sigma Certification (6SigmaStudy), January 2018
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Over fifteen years of experience in planning, organizing, and leading high-visibility and -impact, large-scale and -budget, plan- and change-driven information technology initiatives, programs, products, projects, and tasks for organizations that include UC Davis Health, Intel, General Electric, and American Express to
- facilitate intra- and inter-team cooperation, collaboration, communication, and engagement amongst executive leadership, stakeholders, product owners and managers, subject matter experts, solution architects, software developers, hardware designers, testers, customers, and end-users on cross-functional teams in matrixed environments;
- expertly apply project management and analytical approaches and methodologies (e.g., Agile, Agile Scrum, waterfall, and hybrid) with a focus on user-centric design and user experience fundamentals to develop and implement rapid and iterative delivery of business and technology systems that include software applications and underlying technology systems such as servers, storage, and databases; and
- meet broad and diverse scope, schedule, and budget requirements that prioritize alignment and cohesion with organizational strategies and goals, continuous improvement, reduced cost and complexity, and increased output, efficiency, quality, and accuracy.
- Demonstrated project management and business systems analysis competency in driving multiple concurrent and complex process and structure improvement initiatives with competing priorities for on-time, in-budget meeting of goals and objectives through
- planning, prioritizing, facilitating, and managing collaborative meetings, workloads, and schedules to enable clear communication and timely task completion;
- analyzing systems and identifying problems to design creative solutions;
- eliciting preparing, organizing, analyzing, and maintaining strategic communications, project plans, and documentation deliverables that include financial analysis and budgets, specifications and requirements, business and application workflows, process workflow diagrams, data mapping diagrams, network and topology diagrams, equipment inventories, database structure and schema, use case modeling, user stories and narrative descriptions, acceptance criteria, system implementation plans, integrated reporting and business analytics, training materials, and end-user documentation;
- ensuring that project deliverables across various media and platforms meet business and customer specifications and adhere to standards for quality, consistency, clarity, format, style, and brand compliance while tracking effort and progress through creation, approval, delivery, maintenance, and update lifecycles in organized archival file systems; and
- developing and executing test plans with user acceptance testing followed by leading, organizing, and conducting implementation and training activities for project success.
- Trusted to facilitate collaboration as a cultural liaison between diverse local and remote teams while
- exercising independent judgment and personal initiative with a strong commitment to quality, accountability, and change management leadership;
- maintaining confidentiality and security of private, personal, and organizational information;
- employing empathetic interpersonal and communication skills to interact with others and effectively resolve issues in a professional and respectful manner; and
- articulating complex topics to technical and non-technical audiences in tailored and effective messaging that is clear, usable, concise, engaging, and easy to understand.